Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Module 2 - Tasks (ICQ)

Until the past couple of days I've never used instant messaging online, perhaps the closest thing I've done is send an sms or email. As instructed in the tasks I downloaded and installed ICQ from http://web.icq.com/ and endevoured to spend some time playing around with it. Most of the features seem useless to me and the constant scrolling of dating message is quickly tiresome. Nevertheless, I can see how this could be a useful tool, in business and in one's personal life. With the inclusion of video and other communication technology, instant messaging and its attaching applications could be a cost effective and efficient alternative to email or telephone.
.
I posted my ICQ number to the discussion board and have subsequently added a couple of fellow students to my contact list. Following the threads in the Discussion board (see Topic: Module 2 ) concerning ICQ it became apparant that there are a number of different instant message tools, such as MSN and YahooIM. I think I'll say goodbye to ICQ at the end of this topic and avail myself to one of these alternatives.

No comments: