Monday, December 04, 2006

Module 2 - Communicating in the Infosphere

I completed the online readings, including reading all the links for Module 2.1 and Module 2.2. Some of the reading merely reinforced my understanding of email (such as how to send, receive, transfer and other basic functions). The expansion into other forms of communication, such as news groups, lists and list commands or the difference between chat and messaging is all quite new to me. It's a little daunting how much 'space' is actually out there. I wonder how Captain Kirk would fare. :)

I started to take a look at the tasks set for Module 2. The Ohio State Uni tutorial (per link in Para. 1, Mod. 2 tasks) had a couple of fun activities, such as people search, and all questions were duly completed. I'm out of time for now and so it will likely be later tonight or Thursday before I start to tackle the bulk of the tasks. Until then....

No comments: