Thursday, January 04, 2007

Death of a client: the viral edition...

Looks like I may be down and out for a while folks. I took a tangent on my studies because I was getting into some of the flash/shockwave and java applications, (noting now Adobe has snapped up Macromedia) along with exploring various internet tools. Now somewhere along the line I've let a little nasty into my system. The laptop, feeling a somewhat ill has taken early retirement and is a bit hard to wake up. When it wakes up it moves with venerable speed, like it's confused about where its teeth went.


One may think that after years of your mother warning you about the necessities of protection such an issue as having up to date anti virus software would be a given. Regretfully, present means dictate that updating the Norton virus software is not possible. The irony is the last thing I read before rebooting to doomsday was a post concerning the dangers of 'free' virus software from http://digg.com, warning of trojan programmes of duplicitious nature.

No comments: