It's been a while since my last update - I'm sure my fan has really missed me.. hahaha. The virus issue seems to be resolved without any meaningful loss of data, thanks for small blessings. Now about this ftp issue, I still have not heard from OASIS support, other than a confirmation 28 December 2007 of my request for assistance. In the meantime I've been continuing to ponder why this is not working. A thought occurred to me... I have three ftp clients on my laptop. Perhaps this is causing configuration issues or some other conflict. Accordingly, I've uninstalled Cute_FTP and WS_FTP and tried again to ftp the curtin student server. The connection was unsucessful over several attempts on ports 21 & 22.
I decided to msn a friend who is involved in network security down in Melbourne (I'm in Brisbane). It may be he can help. My next step in resolving this issue failing a meaningful response from Phil, would be to start trolling around various discussion boards to see if I could elicit further ideas from the experts as to why ftp is failing. The only other thought that occurred to me is my internet setup. We have three computers in the house (shared accomadation) and run the internet connection for these three through a wireless/cable router (1 x cable, 2 x wireless) - I should point that I did not set this up. The harware is the domain of my brother-in-law. My understanding is that another firewall exists independent of my pc for the router, could this be causing the problem?
However, in attempting to fulfill this task I applied learning through the use of asynchronous & synchronous communication tools outside of my usual scope of use (discussion boards, msn), in addition to reflecting on client-server environments and the issues they present when moving information through virtual space. I've also paid consideration to my hardware and software, in addition to trying several (well, three) different ftp clients.
No comments:
Post a Comment