Using Ixquick, as with all three samples herein, I carried out the search - advanced OR internet OR skills - in order to yield the greatest number of hits.
Sources relating to skills based information on 'advanced internet users' :
With the objective to narrow the search for more precise results I decided to use the AND logical operator - advanced internet users AND skills OR learning - by broadening the criteria I hoped to find more relevance at the converging point of the AND operator. Prior to this I also tried to use advanced internet users NEAR skills OR training, however I assume the NEAR operator was not recognised given that there were no matching hits.
At first I thought 'no problems, I'll find a search engine with user options and search only .edu domains. Then it occurred this might be cheating the task, it is boolean we are looking at. In attempting to get some meaningful results I tried to use +SITE: and +URL: in conjunction with an AND operator to distinguish university sites by their domain name, however none of these attempts yielded any results. I also tried - (university not schools) advanced internet users - however this did not produce very meaningful results. I eventually found the most relevant results by using the following search - university publications and advanced internet users. I suspect that there is something I'm missing here and will monitor the discussion board to see if anything better comes up.
No comments:
Post a Comment